7.05.2012

Let Your Colors Burn

The 4th of July has always been kind of an in-between holiday for me.  When I was a little kid, it was a sign that summer was really starting.  It was like 2 weeks after school let out, and it meant that we were really in the thick of the hot, easy days.  When I got a little older, I dreaded the 4th, just a little, since it simply meant the summer was moving along.  It was the beginning of the end.
Now that I'm a "grown-up" it doesn't mean a whole besides a day off, and this one was just confusing, being in the middle of the week.  Now, the day after, my brain has no idea what day it is.  The fun is found less in where the day lies in relation to the rest of the summer, and more in just enjoying the day itself.  A day with my family, eating tons of barbeque, having the police stop by to warn about the dangers (and illegalities, in PA) of fireworks, is a welcome change.  Plus, I got to play with my camera!


justin & joey
bonfire prep

claire, instagramming


inside the fireworks
my brother, inside the fireworks 

the grand finale
we used all the sparklers
smoldering

brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment