11.05.2012

Recycling and The Election





Here's what I recycle in a month.  And I'm just one person.  And this isn't even all of it.  Because in the last 3 weeks, I have gotten almost this much in election mail!



I'd like to point out that this election is perhaps the best thing for our struggling economy in a long time.  I saw on TV today that almost a BILLION dollars was spent on getting votes.  A great way to have people employed - pour money into local TV stations, printers, postage, actors, filmmakers, researchers, the USPS, writers, and on and on.  A lot of the people who work at the local headquarters are volunteers, but their literature, etc., is purchased.  SO while all this JUNK being sent to my house seems a waste, at least it's helping people have jobs, even if it's only until tomorrow.  On the other hand, I REALLY, REALLY hate that there is so much waste associated with this, and that I know so many people are NOT recycling all the junk mail.

So tomorrow, you should do two things to assert your American Independence.  The first thing is rock the vote.  I don't care who you vote for, just do it.  Get involved in SOME way!  And the second thing is make an effort, even if it's just for that one day, and just to clean out your mailbox, to recycle.  Both of those moves help to shape our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment