4.15.2012

What I Did This Weekend

I had a busy weekend.  I bought some vintage, but it hasn't arrived yet, so no pictures.  I bought a really cute little summer dress and a maxi skirt, which I am SUPER excited about.  Also excited that they're coming from Hawaii.  I might not go anywhere exotic this summer, but my new clothes have been!

Last night, my sister and I went to see Gisele at the First State Ballet in Wilmington, DE.  It was pretty good, although the story is pretty nuts (girl gets jilted by a two-timing prince, goes totally crazy, has heart attack, dies, comes back as a ghost with a band of other dead, jilted ghost chicks... your average love story, I guess).  The best part of the trip, however, was the theater! At night, the beautiful Grand Opera House is lit up so beautifully.  The building transforms, as a simple bright, white light changes to all kinds of different colors, changing every few seconds.  It was so beautiful, I didn't want to leave!




I spent Sunday catching up on all the blogs I read, and cleaning.  My sister told me last night I need to get a shoe cubby, but I like my pile - it's like a collection, only I get to use it every day.  I did throw out 7 pairs of shoes, so that's progress, right?  I always feel guilty about throwing away anything I feel can be used again, but these shoes definitely could not be used again.  By anyone, for anything.  It was a mercy killing, really. Oh well, it just means I have some space for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment